[Bio-Linux] work around script for extract_seq module via pregap4

Bela Tiwari btiwari at ceh.ac.uk
Wed Jul 30 12:23:59 EDT 2008

Dear all,

This message is for anyone who supports a machine with users that run the extract_seq module in Staden via pregap4.

In the latest release of Staden (1.7.0) , the extract_seq module does not work properly via pregap4. We have reported this to the main Staden developer.

In the meantime, for those who rely on extract_seq, we have put a script on the NEBC wiki that can be used in its stead.

The script and instructions on how to use it can be found at:

http://darwin.nerc-oxford.ac.uk/pgp-wiki/index.php/General_Bioinformatics_Scripts#Script:Extract_cleaned_sequences_from_.exp_files

cheers,

Bela

Dr. Bela Tiwari