[Bio-Linux] Request for testers of Bio-Linux 5 (beta)

Stewart Houten shou at ceh.ac.uk
Tue Jul 8 18:52:10 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I would like to invite all members of this list to participate in the
testing of the beta release of what will become the version 5 release
of Bio-Linux.  A number of you have already offered your time and
resources to assisting with this effort but it may be worth casting
the net once more to see if others are interested in helping out.

A BETA version is now available for download from the NEBC website [1]
which contains *most* of the packages in our the regular repository
and some customisations.  This version is not intended for regular use
or as a replacement for your current Bio-Linux installation, but if
you do have a spare machine which you are happy to reinstall it then I
would appreciate your comments.

All feedback and suggestions would be welcomed but in particular I
would like to hear of:

- Runtime issues with Bio-Linux software packages
- Customisation suggestions (graphics and branding)
- General comments on Gnome and Ubuntu

I appreciate that this list is generally low-volume and not strictly a
"dev" list so I would like to suggest that feedback might be best
coordinated through the NEBC helpdesk [helpdesk at nebc.nox.ac.uk].

Thanks in advance.
Stewart

[1] http://nebc.nox.ac.uk/downloads/bio-linux-5.01-beta.iso
c363ca29d9ef1cc07c5f8e7b7302847c  bio-linux-5.01-beta.iso

--
Dr Stewart Houten, Bio-Linux Developer
NEBC, CEH, Mansfield Road, Oxford, OX1 3SR