[Bio-Linux] NEBC Bio-Linux 5.0 released

Stewart Houten shou at ceh.ac.uk
Wed Dec 3 05:54:55 EST 2008

Hi Marty,

On Dec 02, 2008, Martin Gollery <marty.gollery at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know much about cloud computing, but have you thought about
> getting it set up as an AMI on the amazon EC2 service? That way people
> could  run it with no install needed and pay only for the time that
> they use.

Thanks for pointing this out - I hadn't realised Amazon now offered
this service.  It sounds like a very interesting idea and one I will
bring up at our next developer meeting.  Of course, in the meantime
you can run a Live session with Bio-Linux 5.0 from DVD or USB key
without having to install. :-)

Regards,
Stewart
--
Dr Stewart Houten, Bio-Linux Developer
NEBC, CEH, Mansfield Road, Oxford, OX1 3SR