[Bio-Linux] Disappearing menus

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Mon Sep 11 09:42:22 EDT 2006

Bela Tiwari wrote:
> Hi Anton,
>
> I am not sure what the problem is with the menu. Stewart is away this week, but will hopefully get back to you via the helpdesk next week.

Hello, Bela and Anton.

There was a bug in the Ubuntu version of gdm recently that compromised
the Debian/Science menu. This is now fixed in Ubuntu, but may still be
an issue under Debian. Ubuntu is, broadly speaking, based on Debian Etch
and packages from Etch are migrated into Debian Sarge, which forms the
basis of Bio-Linux4. The Debian bug report for Etch is here:

Best wishes,

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687