[Bio-Linux] Distributed computing

Milo Thurston mith at ceh.ac.uk
Mon Feb 20 10:22:13 EST 2006

Tony,
Thanks for your reply.

>Do you think boinc might be useful to spread the
>computational burden of analysing DNA microarray data, for example?

That sort of thing, or perhaps the annotation work that metashark
might undertake. I intend to discuss this further with Dawn to see
if we can come up with something interesting enough (to those outside
the community) to gain access to the full resources.
If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Thanks,
Milo.

--
Dr. Milo Thurston, CEH Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford, OX1 3SR.
'phone 01865 281975,  fax 01865 281696.