[Bio-Linux] Pregap4/Gap4 problems

Jose Andres jaa53 at cornell.edu
Tue Dec 12 10:16:07 EST 2006

Hi all,

I am using pregap4/gap4 to assemble a BAC and I have problems adding
sequences to to an existing database....

When running pregap4 (Phrap assembly) I get the following error
"database busy" (even if no one is using it!) I have deleted
the .BUSY file and run pregap again. This time I do not get any
errors but the sequences that passed are not added (the new sequences
are not into the pregap.assembly directory even if the pregap4 output
window reads "assembled data written to directory ../pregap.assembly"
and no error messages are generated). Any idea of what is going on?
Any suggestions?

  -- I am at the beginning of the project and most of the sequences I
have are singlets (can that be part of the problem?) ---

Thanks in advance,

/Jose