[Bio-Linux] installing wwwblast server

Martin Ostrowski M.Ostrowski at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Nov 17 07:12:28 EST 2004

Does anyone have some detailed instructions for installing a wwblast
server (for the local network only) on bio-linux 3.0.

In fact, I think that I'm OK with the configuration of the wwwblast
package to see databases installed in /home/db/blastdb, but opening of
the firewall, turning on http and getting CGI scripts to run is proving
to be a little tricky

I have followed the notes in the Bio-linux system admin FAQ which
involve editing /etc/narc/narc.conf and restarting narc
(btw FAQ 15 and 23 show 'httpd' or 'http' at the end of ALLOW_TCP_EXT=
"ssh,rsync,http", which one is correct?).

httpd is running, I have access to the blast pages at
http://localhost/blast/blast.html but no access to
http://ipadress/blast/blast.html or
http://nerc.bio.warwick.ac.uk/blast/blast.html

Does anyone have some suggestions?