[Bio-Linux] Request for information regarding updateclient upgrades from 2.X to 3.0

Dan Swan dswan at ceh.ac.uk
Wed Jun 30 11:37:56 EDT 2004

Dear All,

We have received a bug report from Martin Ostrowski (Warwick Uni) of a
situation which may affect people who have upgrades from Bio-Linux 2.X
to 3.0 using "updateclient".

If you have upgraded your system using this method (as opposed to a
clean install of version 3.0 over a 2.X installation) can you please
take 2 minutes to check the output of the following command:

yum check-update | grep Server

What I need is the output of this command, specifically whether this
reports it is using a Red Hat 9.0 base or Red Hat 7.3 base.

Please contact me off list with your results to avoid clogging peoples
inboxes!

This would be extremely helpful for me to determine whether this is an
isolated problem or something that I need to distribute a workaround for.

Many thanks in advance,

Dan
--
Dr Dan Swan - Bio-Linux Developer | RHCE
EGTDC, CEH, Mansfield Road, Oxford, OX1 3SR
http://envgen.nox.ac.uk/ | dswan at ceh.ac.uk