[Bio-Linux] Interruption of EGTDC services

Dan Swan dswan at ceh.ac.uk
Thu Apr 29 10:27:53 EDT 2004

Dear All,

First may I just apologise for cross-posting to 3 lists, I understand
that this will be annoying for users subscribed to all 3.

We are currently migrating our web based services - the website,
helpdesk system and mailing lists from our venerable old server to a new
high spec machine.  In order to do some testing of the new server we
plan to take the current machine down over the weekend of 8th and 9th of
  May.

Between 5pm Friday 7th May and 9am Monday 10th May there will be no
guaranteed service from the helpdesk, mailing lists or website.  If the
handover between machines is successful then the new machine will be
left in place.  If it is clear more work needs to be done, the the old
machine will be restored, until such time as the problems with the new
server are resolved.

If you have developer access to the website please do not make any
commits to the site after Thursday 6th May, as I need to freeze the
status of the site in order to port it over.

I will post another reminder announcement closer to the time.

regards.

Dan

--
Dr Dan Swan - Bio-Linux Developer | RHCE
EGTDC, CEH, Mansfield Road, Oxford, OX1 3SR
http://envgen.nox.ac.uk/ | dswan at ceh.ac.uk