[Bio-Linux] Re: (no subject) (Siddharth Ray)

John Parkinson john.parkinson at ed.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 06:35:42 EST 2003

Just to add my 2p's worth

Would it be possible to have a script run at inititialisation which asks
the user (or queries the system) for information on the hardware (Video,
Extra Disks etc) which if non-standard drops the user into single user
non-graphics mode so that the appropriate configuration executables can
be run. As it stands at the moment, it is very difficult to get to
single-user mode, which means you get stuck with an unconfigured blank
screen.

Before this happens the installation can tell the user what they need to
do and if this fails then point the user to the appropriate Linux forum.

John